The first cornerstone of WKUM Church. The original building was built in 1888 and was previously known as St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church.
In 1952 the congregation was outgrowing its worship space, so an addition was built extending the sanctuary and adding an office and Sunday School classrooms in the basement.
In 1960 a narthex was added to the front of the George Street side of the building providing a larger, more inviting entrance to the sanctuary as well as a kitchen in the basement.
With the Sunday School program busting at the seams, plans were made in 1975 to build the education wing. This large undertaking added a lounge, gymnasium, nursery and updated kitchen, as well as classrooms and offices.
To make our courtyard entrance more inviting and to make the sanctuary accessible to people with disabilities, WKUM Church underwent its most recent addition in 1988 by building a lobby and lift that services the main floor, basement and sanctuary.